LP Gas System and Propane Tank Repairs
Propane tanks, LP gas piping, and other LPG systems are just like anything else, they sometimes require repair and maintenance. Fortunately, Mission Gas Company is able to perform needed repairs on propane tanks, LP gas systems, and many propane appliances. CALL A LICENSED PROPANE PROFESSIONAL FOR REPAIRS OR MAINTENANCE. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO MODIFY OR REPAIR YOUR PROPANE TANK OR LP GAS SYSTEM.
Propane Tank Repairs
LP gas tanks will likely need repairs if they are not properly maintained. Propane tanks beyond repair are taken out of service as required by law for safety reasons. Preventative maintenance helps avoid costly tank repairs and extends the propane tanks service life. Propane tank repairs are generally made when the tank is empty. Replacing propane valves and parts that are in direct communication with the inside of the LP gas tank include the fill valve, relief valve, parts of the service valve, and the float assembly of the percentage gauge. Propane tanks do not have to be empty for repairs such as:
- replacing the dial chamber of the percentage gauge
- tightening the dial screws of a leaking percentage gauge
- tightening threaded valves
- regulator replacement or pigtail replacement
- propane tank leveling and painting (depending on the tank size)
Propane Tank Maintenance
Preventative maintenance ensures a long life for your propane tank and helps reduce the number of repairs. For instance, rusty propane tanks are dark in color, absorb heat from the sun, and can cause the relief valve to open due to excess pressure buildup inside the tank. If the relief valve does not close properly, all of the gas will leak out and the relief valve will have to be replaced. This also presents another problem, the LP gas system has lost all pressure...this is when gas leaks develop. Not only does the propane have to be replaced, but the relief valve as well. The required leak test may uncover more problems resulting in an extremely costly repair. This could have all been avoided by painting the propane tank a reflective color, which is required by law.
LP Gas System Repairs
LP gas plumbing and piping systems consist of everything between the propane tank and the propane appliance. This typically includes the regulator, underground gas line, the interior LPG plumbing, and the propane gas valves at the wall. Any number of reasons can cause a gas leak to occur within the LP gas system such as:
- running out of propane
- improper system modification by unlicensed individual
- improper LP gas system installation
- digging or trenching through the underground LP gas line
- testing LP gas system improperly with excessive pressure
- interruption of propane flow
- propane tank movement
- any loss of vapor pressure
DO NOT EVER ATTEMPT TO REPAIR YOUR OWN LP GAS SYSTEM - CALL YOUR PROPANE SUPPLIER OR A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL.
Our propane service department is able to troubleshoot LPG system problems, tank problems, and many appliance issues. Our service trucks contain the necessary repair parts for most all LP gas related problems that may arise.
LPG Repair Capabilities
Our LPG troubleshooting and repair capabilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Propane regulator testing and replacement
- Gas tank leveling
- Valve, gauge, and propane connection replacement
- LP Gas piping modification
- Propane appliance conversion
- Pressure testing, leak testing, and LPG leak repair
- Move propane tanks
- Propane vaporizer installation and repair
- Heater cleaning and maintenance
Please contact us with any questions about propane tank or LP gas system repair.
REMEMBER - DO NOT TRY TO REPAIR YOUR PROPANE TANK OR YOUR LP GAS SYSTEM - CALL YOUR PROPANE SUPPLIER OR A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL